So before knowing ‘how do I clean up my computer and make it run faster’, you must know every detail of the computer. For example, the computer works on windows, and you have to learn all aspects regarding windows, its various versions, how it works, how it helps the users as windows have multiple ways that enhance the working of the computer. Moreover, you must go through the tutorial part that will help you to know how to make it work.
In short, we can say that windows consist of full of programs that are named as an operating system (OS) that manages your computer. Well, Windows was invented, or we can that Microsoft developed it in November 1985 by Bill Gates.
From that point, it gets its all update from time to time, as we know that a computer has more significant storage, thus processing chips have got fluent, which makes the computer look amazing and easy to work and makes it very comfortable to use.
What is Windows?
As we mentioned above, Windows is a massive package of the operating systems that was invented by Microsoft. Accordingly, every version of Windows comprises a fantastic graphical user interface. Hence it allows a user to see various files and folders that are present n windows along with a desktop. Thus we all know that Windows is one of the operating systems that has been used most extensively generally for computers.
But the most exciting part is that Windows is purposely created for home computing as well as professional aspirations. Hence, if we start with Windows XP, Well, in that case, Microsoft has proclaimed multiple editions of Windows. And we know that all of these Windows versions have the very same heart that is the operating system, although few editions have extra features, along with the extra cost.
Now, when we talk about various editions, then we should also talk about the two common versions of Windows, which are intended mainly for both computing purposes. Thus they are Windows Home and Windows Professional.
It was developed in 1993, the very first business-oriented edition of Windows, and it was named as Windows NT 3.1. After that, in 2000, it was accompanied by Windows 3.5, 4.0. However, in 2001 when Microsoft published Windows XP, at that time, the company built several editions for the operating systems, basically for personal and business plans. And thus, with a similar strategy, it continued to be followed by Windows Vista and Windows 7 have.
The most initial thing is that every user must know that Windows is intended to work on a standard medium that is x86 hardware, for example, Intel and AMD processors. Hence, you can install it on several brands of hardware, like Dell, Sony, HP, as well as home-built computes.
Well, if we elaborate, Windows 7 then you should know that it comprises various features of the touchscreen, which enables the operating system to work fluently on several tablets and computers that have the touchscreen displays. Moreover, the operating system of Microsoft’s mobile, Windows Phone, is mainly designed for smartphones that work on several brands of phones, covering HTC, Nokia, and Samsung.
As we are discussing the Windows, then we must know the features of windows. There are amazing features that make the operating system of windows fantastic. Now, let’s know them:-
- It enables every user to communicate with the computer.
- Control the hardware that are connected to the computer like webcams, printers, and scanners.
- It manages the storage of data.
- It proceeds with errors and user guidance and issues uncomplicated error messages.
- It helps in initiating and closing the programs and also provides them part of the computer’s memory to permit them to work.
- It has authorities that access to a computer several users have and also the computer’s protection.
- Supports multitasking by permitting the user to do various things on the computer at a time.
Windows History & Versions
Well, here we will explain a brief of the history of Windows, like from its commencement that is windows 1 to its most advanced arrival. As we mentioned above that Windows was invented in 1985 by Microsoft, founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen. B=However, at that time, before Windows, when people required to operate a computer, then at that time user needed to access all the commands as per the computer language. Well, the operating system or the Microsoft Disk Operating System, generally recognized as MS-DOS, and thus every user needed to access the MS-DOS commands to operate the computer. Accordingly, users, those who have explicit knowledge about DOS, could only use computers. However, in 1983, Microsoft published its very first-ever Graphical User Interface (GUI) named “Interface Manager.” Then Microsoft introduced “windows” to the world after two years on Nov 20, 1985.
Different versions of Windows:-
- Windows 1: Microsoft introduced it in November 1985.
- Windows 2: Microsoft introduced it in December 1987.
- Windows 3: Microsoft introduced it in 1990.
- Windows 3.1: Microsoft introduced it in April 1992.
- Windows 95: Microsoft introduced it in August 1995.
- Windows 98: Microsoft introduced it in June 1998.
- Windows 2000: Microsoft introduced it in February 2000.
- Windows ME: Microsoft introduced it in September 2000.
- Windows XP: Microsoft introduced it in October 2001.
- Windows Vista: Microsoft introduced it in January 2007.
- Windows 7: Microsoft introduced it in October 2009.
- Windows 8: Microsoft introduced it in October 2012.
- Windows 8.1: Microsoft introduced it in October 2013.
- Windows 10: Microsoft introduced it in July 2015.
How Windows Works?
Well, Windows is one of the best operating systems that contain various files and folders. Well, the main job of the Operating system is that it handles all data of software and hardware of the computer. Generally, different computer programs are running at a time, and their first work is to get access to your computer’s central processing unit (CPU), memory, and storage. Hence, the operating system regulates each of the work to make sure every program must get what it needs as per their desires to work efficiently.
However, two main operating systems are Separation of mechanism and policy by providing flexible mechanisms to enhance policies, and the other one is the Optimization for the common case. Thus to make a Windows, you must apply the following methods:-
- Processes and process management
- Threads and concurrency
- Memory management
- Inter-process communication
- Input/Output management
- Distributed file system
- Distributed shared memory
- Cloud computing
How Do I Clean Up My Computer And Make It Run Faster
Your computer has become sluggish? Want to make it run faster? If yes, then you are in the right place. First, you have to think that how long has it been since you did a disk cleanup? Don’t remember! Ok, no problem, as here we will show you the proper step-by-step tutorial to do so.
So, without wasting much more time, let’s get started and explore the whole tutorial that we have mentioned below:-
- First of all, click on Start button.
- Then from the Start menu simply click on the Computer.
- Now simply you have to select the Drive where you have Windows installed.
- Then you have to Right click on the drive.
- Now you have to select the Disk Cleanup option.
- After the above step, now you have to wait for a few minutes, as it will now start scanning your drive.
- Now, once the results box pops up, simply you have to select each check box.
- Once you have selected each box, now simply click on the Ok button.
- After the above step, now you will get a pop-up box, where you have to hit the “Delete Files” option.
- Now you have to wait for a few minutes.
- After that now again you have to go back to the Disk Cleanup screen.
- Then simply you have to click on ‘Clean Up System Files’ option.
- Now once again you have to select each check box.
- Then click on the Ok button.
- After that again you have to select the “Delete Files” option.
- Now simply Restart your computer.
- That’s it now you are done.
Well, we hope that you enjoyed this article. And it may be helped you to get proper knowledge regarding Windows. Well, it may sound silly, but many users don’t know that what is precisely a window is and how it works. Therefore we have provided every detail of windows, along with a tutorial which will surely help you to understand about windows.